Re: Drop tablespace with nested tables

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_TRINITY.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:04:46 +0200

Don Erickson <derickso_at_garden.csc.calpoly.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 7o74n3$oqr_at_garden.csc.calpoly.edu...

> I need to drop a tablespace containing nested tables. The command
> "drop tablespace data_st including contents cascade constraints"
> returns the error ORA-22914. A check of the docs says drop of nested
> tables not supported and the parent table must be dropped.
>
> The tablespace was used by a class of database students and at this point
> contains over 300 tables. The structure and the dependancies of the
> tables is unknown as each student developed his own version of what a
> database should look like.

If the user is not necessary, then drop the user using the cascading option. This drops every table etc. of the user before the user will be deleted.

Regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 12:04:46 CDT