moving a database from 5 to 1 machine

From: <itabl7up_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:48:08 GMT

I'm trying to move our database which right now is spread over 5 machines, to 1 server. Each of the 5 are set up with different tablespaces etc. I know there's a place to tell Oracle the IP address of where to look for a server. So right now, I have db1-db5. Our system queries these different databases. If I could have them on one computer and then tell Oracle (where do you do this??) to look on the same computer for the database instead of the old computer, it should work. Is there are way to copy a database(tablespace settings and all) over to the new computer so that all I'd have to do is change the place oracle thinks it is? I hope this makes sense, let me know if you need more information

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 11:48:08 CDT