Startup problem with Oracle 7 workgroup server

From: Ralph Spelbos <r.spelbos_at_siebrand.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:51:21 +0200

When booting our Windows NT 4 system, all services are started, but the Oracle 7.3.4 database is not operational. When trying to connect to the database the following error message appears: ORA-01033:ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress.

Several minutes waiting doesn't help.

It seems like the problem started after an message from the EventLog of Windows NT that the application log was full. The log has been cleared and the system was rebooted, but without any result.

The following sevices are started: * OracleServiceBAAN

I hope anyone can help me solving this problem; our adminstrative system is down!!!!!!

Please reply to my e-mail adres: r.spelbos_at_siebrand.nl

Kind regards,

Ralph Spelbos Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 11:51:21 CDT