Need help explaining query differences

From: Greg Akins <insomnia_at_a1usa.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 08:53:09 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to join a remote table with a local table.

So,

select *
from tableA, tableB
where tableA.ID = tableB ID

is essentially the same as:

select *
from tableA_at_RemoteDB, tableB
where tableA.ID = tableB ID

However, performing an EXPLAIN PLAN informs me that the query using the dblink will utilize a FULL TABLE SCAN

and the query not using the dblink will do a index range scan.

Can anybody tell me why this is and how I can force the range scan using a dblink.

-greg