Re: Long Strings & Oracle

From: Bjarne Ebsen <be_at_ccieurope.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:13:55 +0200

You can use PL/SQL instead of SQLPlus, PL/SQL can handle LONG's with a length of 32 Kb (minus some few bytes). If you want to have LONG larger the 32Kb, you must access them through OCI (Oracle's call Interface), or some simular interface programing interface.

And yes Oracle's character-handling is restrictive. (remeber to set the NLS_LANG environment variable before you starts working with LONG)