8.1.5i on Linux: unresolved symbols in libclntsh.so

From: Thomas Themel <thomas.themel_at_infineon.com>
Date: 3 Aug 1999 14:57:43 GMT

Hi,

I recently installed the Oracle 8.1.5i Server for Intel Linux on my SuSE 6.1 box (manually updated to run glibc-2.1.1). Installation went on fine if slow, and the DB is running and usable via svrmgrl. But everytime I want to start sqlplus, it fails with the following:

oracle_at_marvin:~ > sqlplus
sqlplus: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/oracle/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0: undefined symbol: nnfotrv1

I already tried to rebuild libclntsh.so with genclntsh after another symbol failed to resolve, but it only brought me to this point. It now leaves me with the suspicion I have to run another script or relink something before I generate libclntsh.so, but it is never quite explained what all the relinking is about in the documentation.

help, anyone?
--
I am not listed on the United States Department of Treasury lists of Specially Designated Nationals, Specially Designated Terrorists, and Specially Designated Narcotic Traffickers, nor am I listed on the United States Department of Commerce Table of Denial Orders. You may followup. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 09:57:43 CDT