Re: Storage Parameters defined on tablespaces

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 10:34:36 -0400

It is better to have an optimal default storage parameters set at the Tablespace level to capture any unmentioned parameters at the Table level..

But as a DBA, you should always estimate the Sizes of Tables,Indexes,Rollback Segments and specify at the Object level rather than defaulting to the Tablespace parameters..

For every Database that goes into Production, Have a meeting with the Project leaders,Developers and SysAdmins to discuss various Sizing and Growth Issues and Tune it accordingly to avoid any future Head aches ...

-Thiru