Re: From Oracle to ODBC

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:59:20 GMT

The tnsnames.ora file will not be usable for an ODBC connection...they are 2 entirely different creatures....tnsnames.ora is for Oracle SqlNet connection info only...

you can use an ODBC datasource from Oracle ( in forms, reports, etc ) by using the @ODBC:'odbcdrivername' format -
for instance I have an ODBC connection to a SqlServer data warehouse identified in my ODBC setup as IA_Warehouse, so I can connect to it in Oracle by using

myname/mypass_at_ODBC:IA_Warehouse