Oracle 8:error RMAN-20299 (DBMS_RCVMAN package incomp. with recovery cat.) when submitting backup job

From: Bernd Rosenau <brosenau_at_gss-online.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 07:55:02 GMT

Hi,

when I submit a backup job from the backup manager (backup whole database or tablespace) I get the error RMAN-20299.

The oracle manual says the following:

RMAN-20299: DBMS_RCVMAN package not compatible with the recovery catalog

Cause: The installed versions of the recovery catalog and the DBMS_RCVMAN package are incompatible.

Action: Check that the recovery catalog packages and schema are installed correctly. It may be necessary to run an upgrade script to upgrade the recovery catalog schema.

What went wrong ? What shall I do ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers, Bernd. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 02:55:02 CDT