newbe concurrency question

From: Justin Call <justin_at_thoughtstar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:28:49 -0600

All-

Lets say that I have several webservers running servlets using JDBC to connect to an oracle database (8i for example). If I repeatedly execute the following on all "clients":

INSERT INTO SOMETABLE (SOMEINTCOLUMN) VALUES (SELECT FROM SOMETABLE MAX(SOMEINTCOLUMN)); Do I ever duplicate values in SOMECOLUMN? If so, is the same true if the database is replicated using parallel server?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Justin Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 14:28:49 CDT