delete not committed

From: Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 17:13:00 GMT

Delphi 4.0.3, Midas2, BDE 5.01, NT 4 sp4, Oracle 8.0.5

I apply a delete to the database and it is not sticking. The following sequence produces this situation.

  1. Insert a new detail record.
  2. ApplyUpdates ( I see the insert and commit in SQL Monitor ).
  3. Delete the new detail record.
  4. ApplyUpdates ( I see the delete and commit in SQL Monitor. SQL Monitor shows that Rows Affected = 0 ).
  5. Move off the master record.
  6. Retrieve the master record and the deleted record is there.
  7. Delete the detail record again.
  8. ApplyUpdates ( I see the delete and commit in SQL Monitor. SQL Monitor shows that Rows Affected = 1 ).
  9. Move off the master record.
  10. Retrieve the master record and the deleted record is gone.

Anyone know why the first delete does not work? --
Jim Poe
<jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>

Fulcrum InteTech, Inc.

--
Jim Poe
<jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>

Fulcrum InteTech, Inc. Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 12:13:00 CDT