Re: Missing archive in hot backup

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:04:27 -0400

First of all, don't get the sequence number from v$log. Issue the svrmgrl command 'archive log list' instead.

After you have put each of the tablespaces into hot backup mode, copied it and then returned the tablespace to normal mode, issue the 'archive log list' command and then issue the 'alter system switch logfile' command. If you don't do that then the current log will not be written out as an archived log.

For a good discussion of this, see the Oracle Press book 'ORACLE Backup & Recovery Handbook 7.3 Edition".

Ken