Y2K v. Oracle Gateway to Sybase

From: <wb_bjohnson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 15:57:47 GMT

We are told that Oracle's Transparent Gateway (TG) to Sybase is only supported through Sybase 11.0.2.

Sybase suggest 11.0.3.3 is the lowest release for Y2K-compliance.

We use Sybase because it's required for a package we bought. The vendor also requires us to be on 11.0.3.3 for Y2K compliance.

We are told the next release of TG to Sybase will support 11.5 or later tho' even if it were to appear tomorrow it's too late for us to be upgrading Sybase and the vendor package and *re*doing our Y2K testing.

Oracle's Y2K white paper is vague about the compilance of all TGs *except* those to ?IBM platforms (DB2, DRDA, EDA/SQL).

We have run the current TG against Sybase 11.0.3.3 and not detected any problems but get mixed signals from Oracle on whether they know of problems ... they won't identify anything as a known issue, but neither will they say they are not aware of any.

Soooo: does anybody know of issues associated with using the current Oracle TG against Sybase 11.0.3.3 please??

With thanks in anticipation ...

Barry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 10:57:47 CDT