Re: Extract Auditing Information from Oracle Server.

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 11:39:54 -0400

Oracle auditing does provide most of the Details that you wanted like Time,User,Type of Transaction,Objects Involved,Sucess etc ,but may not provide with Old & New values..You might have to use Triggers for that..

To enable Auditing ,
1.Run cataudit.sql located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin 2.Add the entry AUDIT_TRAIL = DB in U'r Init.ora and Restart the Instance.
3.Use Various 'AUDIT' Commands available to acheive Object Auditing(DMLs against a specific Object) , Statement Auditing or Privilege auditing.. 4.Audit Records are stored in SYS.AUD$ table and you can query various other views like DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL,DBA_AUDIT_OBJECTS etc..

-Thiru