Re: Renaming SID's

From: <Tim_Cuthbertson_at_sonat.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:19:34 GMT

In article <7o3meo$8k4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kzdero_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> How do you rename a SID.
> I've looked in the documentation but can't find any information on it.
>
> Desperate.

I recommend that you obtain a copy of Oracle Problem Repository paper 1006497.6, "How to Create a Database in the UNIX Environment". Pay special attention to section "Method IV - Using the UNIX cp Command". This shows how to copy one instance to a new instance and change the name of the new instance.

The paper can be obtained from MetaLink and other sources.

Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 07:19:34 CDT