Re: Oracle 7.3.4 performance on 2-450Mhz vs 4-200Mhz

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 05:08:14 GMT

I would add to that. If you are running NT, switch to Linux and you will see a significant gain on either the 2 450's or the 4 200's.

But to your real question, It really depends on your app as the others have said. If your load is often fairly heavy, I would say to go with the 4-200's, but if the load has peaks and valley's then I would say go with the 2-450's. I would also say that if you can upgrade the 2-450's to 4 or more later, then I would definitely go with the 450's. The 200's are really ancient, and I don't even know if you are talking about a PII or a Pentium pro (I never heard of a 200Mhz PII) If you aren't comparing apples to apples, then go with the 450's again.

David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net> wrote in message news:43%y3.1308$tp2.1326_at_news.ipass.net...
> Hi:
>
> I would assume that since you're using Compaq boxes, you're using
WindowsNT.