Re: Speed of Oracle8 ?

From: 張強 <zq_at_pop13.odn.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 20:01:26 +0900

As my experence:

Env:Oracle 8.04 + Sun Enterprise 4500 (4 CPU,6G RAM) Spec: 1) 1,060,000 simple queries cost 1 hour 15 minutes.

      2) 1 complex queries which joined 18 tables, 9 of them contain millions of record. there about one hunderds of colums to be selected. it cost 2 min to return from sql sentence. fetch speed is about 10000 rec / 25 sec.