Re: starting and stopping db instances

From: <dm-ll-dunyan_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 07:47:30 GMT

Okay - get a GOOD telnet client for Winnt that supports scripting and seesion/script associations. (I use Reflections by WRQ. It has good vt-xxx emulations, mainframe w/ Regis Graphics, etc) Any way, when scripting a logon, I can actually 'record' until I say stop. (I do have to edit it to remove the popup password dialogue and just send my password for log-on.)

I can then use the at scheduler with to schedule a bat file. In it there is one line: the file name of the 'session profile' ex: axpb.r4w
Because that session has the script associated, everything fires automatically, once scheduled. You can also use things like MacroMagic, etc. Really, lots of options. Cron jobs on the server...

Doug
Software Analyst/OCP