Oracle to Informix Data Transaction

From: <deepa.pratap_at_cwix.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 07:59:51 GMT

Hi,
Is it possible to send records from an Oracle database to Informix database(both databases have identical schema and structure) using ESQL in a C program? If it is possible, then do I require a SQL precompiler supplied by Oracle/Informix for C to be installed in the box where the Oracle server is loaded? The environment is HP-UX. As I read in MSDN, you do need a SQl precompiler in NT.

Does using External Procedures (Oracle 8.0) solve the above problem?

I do not want to use HS and Transparent Gateway for Informix by Oracle, since our project budget doesn't support the expense for the same. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this problem, as I have been breaking my head over this for quite a while. Thanks and peace
-Deepa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 31 1999 - 02:59:51 CDT