Re: Installation of Trail Version of Personal Oracle 7 has caused problems

From: Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <bruce.armstrong_at_teamsybase.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 21:30:41 GMT

In article <7nnijv$907$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   janus79_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi ppl,
> I installed the trail version of Personal Oracle 7 on my machine.
> Now I gave the go-ahead to make changes to system files and I have
> landed in a major soup. I cannot run the odbc control panel applet.
> Neither am I able to run odbc32ad.exe or register any other odbc dll
> using regsvr32.exe option.
> i am at my wits end. what should I do?
> Thanks,
> Janus

Hi!

It appears that you may have attempted to send a message to the Powersoft/Sybase newserver through a news service or through an ISP that does not post to private NNTP servers correctly (e.g., worldnet.att.net, aol.com, etc.) As a result, your message never actually made it to the Sybase NNTP server. I only saw your post because I not only monitor the NNTP server, but I also monitor a news service so that I can see messages that were sent, and can compare them to see which messages never made it.

To ensure that your posts make it to the server, you need to do one of the following:

(a) Use a standard newsreader and connect directly

     to the forums.powersoft.com or forums.sybase.com
     newsserver.

(b)  Use the web based newsreader at
     www.pfcguide.com.  It does post directly to the
     Powersoft/Sybase NNTP server.

(c)  If you posted through an ISP, ask them to correct
     their configuration so that they post to NNTP
     servers directly, rather than attempting to post
     to them through Usenet.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | http://www.kforce.com

                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]

http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org

http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 16:30:41 CDT