Re: Is ANYONE using synchronous replication?

From: Yosi Greenfield <yosi_at_newsalert.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:20:36 -0400

Thanks Pete,

The requirement for synch is that, in case of failover, we want every transaction to show up in the failover database as soon as it takes over. We would have to break the rep group as soon as we find out one machine is not responding. Then, send all traffic to the machine that's up. Resync later, thank you.

It's a pain, and I'm really trying to dissuade this. I may end up sending them to an HA cluster (Solaris HA, IBM HACMP, HP ServiceGuard type thing..) and HA disks. Better than using replication for HA failover. (ANYTHING is probably better than that!)

I'll try my sales rep. Thanks for trying.

Yosi