Oracle 8.0.5 installation problem on Linux Red Hat 5.2 - ORATAB.SH

From: <name_at_name.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:18:27 GMT

I'm trying to install Oracle 8.0.5 on Red Hat 5.2 system. I'm pretty new to the Linux world and am following the instructions found at http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh5x.html. I've setup all the partitions, created the groups dba and oper, and added the oracle user. I've done a CHMOD 777 on the CDROM mount point. Now I'm at the point when it's time to run the oratrab.sh script. I change directories to orainst. I set the ORACLE_OWNER variable by entering:

ORACLE_OWNER=oracle; export ORACLE_OWNER

Then I run the following:

sh oratab.sh

The following is the error I get:

:command not found
:command not found
:command not found
:command not found
:command not found
:command not found
:command not found

'ratab.sh: syntax error near unexpected token 'in 'ratab.sh: oratab.sh: line 29: 'case ${N}$C in

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Seattle, WA Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 12:18:27 CDT