Re: Oracle #1? Then why are these still missing...

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_valinet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:38:02 -0400

I liked your precis with regard to British contributions to the history of ideas in IT. I knew of names like Boole, Babbage, Turing, and Russel, but it was good to see them all (and more) laid out so neatly. I am sure you could have made a longer list, but the one you made was most effective.

I find the arguments about US vs UK and young vs old to be a real distraction from the basic
issue which is: "whither Oracle?"

Regards,

    David Cressey (a yank who is not an Anglophobe)

Tom Kingsley wrote in message <37a0a010.2242181_at_news.tcp.co.uk>...
>On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:10:25 -0400, Kenneth C Stahl
><BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote:

[snip]
>In no particular chronological order:

[snip] Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 06:38:02 CDT