Re: HELP!!! Change User ID

From: <czekala_at_real.pl>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:35:36 GMT

Hello,

Lets make script like this on old database and apply to new database.

select 'CREATE USER ' || username || ' identified by ' || password || ' default tablespace ' || default_tablespace || ' temporary tablespace ' || temporary_tablespace from dba_users where username not in ('SYS', 'SYSTEM');

You will have the same users in both database (check do you need all or not). If you have simple definitions of user tablespace quotas, and roles lets add to this script. If not please make scripts to alter user from views:dba_ts_quotas, dba_role_privs.

Good luck

Rafal Czekala (czekala_at_real.pl)

In article
<Pine.GSO.3.95q.990729211302.10761A-100000_at_nova.kettering.edu>,   Dave Bucholtz <buch1734_at_kettering.edu> wrote:
> Hopefully someone out there can help me. I have this database that I
am
> moving to a new Oracle server. Only problem is I used the user_id as
> key in some of my tables. Now, when I move the database to the new
Oracle
> box, the ids for the users don't match up, and I have too many to
change
> to make it feasible to use the new numbers. Can anyone tell me how to
> change the user ID from the one given by the system to a new one.
PLEASE
> HELP!!!
>
> If you respond, please send a copy to my buch1734_at_kettering.edu
address
> since I don't check this newsgroup to often. (Also, if you wouldn't
mind,
> send a note to my pager so I can check the email right away. I know
it is
> asking a lot, but I REALLY NEED this!!! thanks. Pager:
> pagedave_at_hp9000.chc-chimes.com)
>
> Dave Bucholtz
>
> buch1734_at_kettering.edu- School
> dbucholtz_at_sprynet.com - Home
> pagedave_at_hp9000.chc-chimes.com - Pager
> david.bucholtz_at_computerhorizons.com - Work Number 1
> nacho_at_hp9000.chc-chimes.com - Work Number 2

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 05:35:36 CDT