Re: o8i for Linux

From: Konstantin Kivi <konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru>
Date: 29 Jul 1999 15:44:59 +0400

"Michael Kakuschky" <kuschky_at_nikocity.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I try too install a Oracle 8i Database on a SuSE Linux 6.1 System. Everytime
> I started the runInstaller script fom the installation directory root I got
> the message "segmentation fault" and the script abort. If I try to start the
> script './install/linux/runIns.sh' the Oracle-Installer starts but make
> problems at the database administration. So the installation failed.
>
> Knows somebody wheres the Problem?

Looks like glibc problem
SuSe 6.1 probably uses 2.1.x while Oracle for now instists on 2.0.7x
there is a workaround that I cannot explain you in details go to www.redhat.com and look

May be someone can tell more ?

--
Sincerely Yours, Konstantin Kivi, Russia, konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 06:44:59 CDT