ORA-12637 on database connection

From: Messager <wangz_at_isd.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 02:56:02 GMT

I try to connect 2 instances between two locations (say instance A and B). The A instance uses tnsnames, and the B instance uses Oracle name server. I added an entry on the tnsnames.ora file for instance B and also ask dba to modify the name server on B. Now, I can do the following:

      on instance B: sqlplus system/manager_at_A <--------- ok

      on instance A: sqlplus system/manager_at_B

       ERROR: ORA-12637: TNS:packet receive failed

                      Any ideal?

      Thnaks in advance

      Zosen

Zosen Wang (wangz_at_isd.net)

--

Zosen Wang (wangz_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 21:56:02 CDT