Re: NLS_DATE_FORMAT not working on client

From: Sudershan virdi <virdi_at_interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:46:17 -0400

normally the NLS_LANG parameter is put in the registery and set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1. The default date format for from this parameter for american territory is DD-MON-YY. so if you include NLS_DATE_FORMAT='DD-MON-RRRR' you will see different results for select sysdate from dual;
if you have 16bit apps like oracle financials you need to make this entry in oracle.ini
as 16bit applications don't look into the registery.

Sudershan Virdi