xa trans for oracle and ms dtc for mssql?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:59:50 -0700

Hello:

                We using sybase jaguar to move data between an oracle
                database front-end to  a ms msql 6.5(sp 4) backend
database(with powerbuilder
                 and sql code being   used between the two). This is
part of a
                 two-phase-commit process.

                In Jaguar, the following message appears:

                MS DTC service is enabled, but I am getting the
              following errors: Jul 27 14:29:19 1999: AFLIB Message:
18231/11/0:
              DTCTransaction::_Enlist(): The
                DTC call SQLSetConnectOpt(ENLIST_IN_DTC)() failed!

                In the MSSQL server error log, the following message
                appears:

'failed to obtain TransactionDispenserInterface
XACT_E_TIMNOTAVAILABLE.' In Enterprise Manager, I started the msdtc service. When I try to look at the configuration. I get an error message about
'admin components failed:
...no permissions to manage remote or msdtc doesn't support native language'. I am logging in as SA. The Oracle side, I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on NT 4.0
sp4. I think I need xa tans . I think I need to run v$xatrans$, but I am not sure . Metalink really didn't have much on running xa with ms dtc.

               So my question for Oracle is:

  1. From the oracle perspective, what do I need to do here? Do I need to run xatransd(and if so do I need mts)?

              ALthough this isn't the forum, as any one with with ms dtc as follows:

                2) Can any one tell me what do I need to do look at the
                configuration for
                msdtc or to also try to look at statistics etc.

                3) How do I resolve the error message on the sql seerver

                 about 'xact...not
                available'?

                4) What does the message on the jaguar server mean? Do I

                    need to set remote  trans proc to 'true' --will that
help?
                Any other suggestions? Do you need any more information.

                Thanks.

                David Spaisman