Is ANYONE using synchronous replication?

From: Yosi Greenfield <yosi_at_newsalert.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:53:16 -0400

Hi All,

Is anybody out there using synch rep? If so, is anyone using it for failover?

Oracle doesn't usually suggest it. We're thinking of implementing it here, and the Oracle support rep indicated that in four years we were the first synch rep question he'd gotten - all his questions are on asynch rep.

(Pete, can you find out if you have any references available running synch rep?)

Thanks,

Yosi
yosi_at_newsalert.com Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 17:53:16 CDT