Re: Oracle #1? Then why are these still missing...

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:52:05 +0100

Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote in message news:37A044B0.D05438F2_at_Unforgettable.com...

> As to my UK comments - if the UK can do it better then I wish they would.
The US
> has been pioneers in programming languages and integrated database
environments.
> The UK has benefited from what the US has produced but they are largely
behind
> the curve when it comes to rolling out new products. Can you explain that
> disparity?

Why would I want to? What you say above is largely true. There are individual
Brits who have made major contributions to the IT industry, but certainly there
are no UK Microsofts or Oracles or Netscapes or IBMs. However your original
argument was not about whether or not the UK had a technical lead or not, it was:

>My biggest mistake was in not noticing the 'uk' in the originator's email
>address. No wonder the message contained so much whining"

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 14:52:05 CDT