Re: starting and stopping db instances

From: Puneet Khanna <khannapk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:25:01 -0400

Hi,

You can write a cmd file, which is like a batch file (.bat). Write down all
the scripts that are required for shutdown and startup etc..
use 'at' command for scheduling it. The help of AT is below.

The AT command schedules commands and programs to run on a computer at a specified time and date. The Schedule service must be running to use the AT command.

AT [\\computername] [ [id] [/DELETE] | /DELETE [/YES]] AT [\\computername] time [/INTERACTIVE]

    [ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"

\\computername Specifies a remote computer. Commands are scheduled on the

                   local computer if this parameter is omitted.
id                 Is an identification number assigned to a scheduled
                   command.
/delete            Cancels a scheduled command. If id is omitted, all the
                   scheduled commands on the computer are canceled.
/yes               Used with cancel all jobs command when no further
                   confirmation is desired.
time               Specifies the time when command is to run.
/interactive       Allows the job to interact with the desktop of the user
                   who is logged on at the time the job runs.
/every:date[,...]  Runs the command on each specified day(s) of the week or
                   month. If date is omitted, the current day of the month
                   is assumed.
/next:date[,...]   Runs the specified command on the next occurrence of the
                   day (for example, next Thursday).  If date is omitted,
the
                   current day of the month is assumed.
"command"          Is the Windows NT command, or batch program to be run.

Hope it helps.
Puneet