Re: Listener with 2 TCP/IP for same instance

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:06:06 +0200

Define two servicenames in your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, the first one using the first IP address as the host address, the second the second IP address. Of your course that needs to happen at the clients tnsnames.ora also.
To make sure traffic is distributed, create a registry key LOCAL in HKLM\software\oracle. One half of your users will have set that to the first service name, the other half to the second. Hopefully this should do it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA