Re: Unix Performance Issues

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:42:38 +0100

If you mean:

    event = 'nnnnn trace name context forever, level XX'

in the init.ora then some of them will chew up a lot of CPU, some will be barely noticeable in CPU cost, and some will cause trace files to be dumped which may have an impact on performance if the trace directory gets I/O bound.

Care to share with us the events that have been set ? (And the version of Oracle, since some events simply don't work on some versions so events set in the original version of the database may now be doing nothing).

--

Jonathan Lewis