Re: Oracle 8.1 NT-> Linux

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 29 Jul 1999 17:00:10 GMT

Just a guess: you might need to use all uppercase in specifying usernames, i.e. fromuser=SSC, etc.

Robert XU

Derek J Becker (beckent_at_erols.com) wrote:
: OK, the deal is taht I have an oracle database in 8.1.5 that people are
: using but for misc. reasons now has to be moved over to a Linux/Red Hat
: platform. Fine.

: The NT export goes wonderfully:
: exp system/******** file=dumpfile.dmp owner=ssc

: Then I ftp it over to the Linux platform (yes in binary mode). The byte
: count for both copies of the dumpfile are identical.

: I go to import on the Linux machine:
: imp system/******* file=dumpfile.dmp fromuser=ssc touser=ssc

: and then I get about 30 or so IMP-00008 "unrecognized statement in the
: export file " errors
: a IMP-00009 "abnormal end of export file" error
: and an IMP-00034 "warning: from user 'ssc' not found in export file"

: Now I've double checked to make sure that the user ssc exits in both
: databases, and I've tried importing with full=y but I still get the IMP 8 &
: 9 errors.

: I am not a DBA by training, so I'm almost certainly doing somethign stupid,
: but for the life of me I can't figure out what!

: Thanks in advance

: Derek