Oracle 8.1 NT-> Linux

From: Derek J Becker <beckent_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:49:48 -0400

OK, the deal is taht I have an oracle database in 8.1.5 that people are using but for misc. reasons now has to be moved over to a Linux/Red Hat platform. Fine.

The NT export goes wonderfully:
exp system/******** file=dumpfile.dmp owner=ssc

Then I ftp it over to the Linux platform (yes in binary mode). The byte count for both copies of the dumpfile are identical.

I go to import on the Linux machine:
imp system/******* file=dumpfile.dmp fromuser=ssc touser=ssc

and then I get about 30 or so IMP-00008 "unrecognized statement in the export file " errors
a IMP-00009 "abnormal end of export file" error and an IMP-00034 "warning: from user 'ssc' not found in export file"

Now I've double checked to make sure that the user ssc exits in both databases, and I've tried importing with full=y but I still get the IMP 8 & 9 errors.

I am not a DBA by training, so I'm almost certainly doing somethign stupid, but for the life of me I can't figure out what!

Thanks in advance

Derek Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 10:49:48 CDT