Understanding installation of 8i

From: David Boateng <david_boateng_at_systemsunion.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:54:55 +0100

To Q1.
Yes, each client workstation will require a single 'Oracle client' ( I am not too familiar with WebDB) in the form of NET8 and other support files, unless the client is required to do database maintenance, in which case you will also install OEM.

Both OEM versions for Oracle 8.0.5 and 8i can be used to connect to the server.

Q2.
You are strongly recommended to assign different Oracle homes for the various server components. You first provide a name for the home (call it a label e.g. OEM2) and then provide the path to install related files to.
A home selected is available to enable a switch between the various homes

David Boateng