Re: How to use PRAGMA INTERFACE(C, pifiop) in 7.3.4

From: Iurie Jigalov <IJigalov_at_tvguide.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:25:25 GMT

Thank you Thomas for your answer,
Yes, now I am using pipe but I need to use function in select (usually it take about 15 - 20 min without function ) and it is not a good idea to create pipe request, pack message and wait answer, that is why I am looking another decision. I know about extprocs in 8 but and 7.3 was written in C and on any case they are using external call. Thank you,
Iurie.

Thomas Kyte wrote in message <37b05fde.32110903_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>...
>A copy of this was sent to "Iurie Jigalov" <IJigalov_at_tvguide.ca>
>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:38:10 GMT, you wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how to use PRAGMA INTERFACE(C, xx); -- > (this call is
>>using in prvtfile.sql)
>>and can I use this construction to call my own *.c program.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Iurie.
>>

>No, not at all.
>
>In v8.0, you have extprocs that allow you to call your own .c program.
>
>Before that you can use database pipes to communicate with an already
running c
>program.
>

>--
>See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
>Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

>Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
>Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 08:25:25 CDT