Re: Oracle import allocate memory until AIX crash ?!

From: Goin'n bold <jer_48_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:10:25 GMT

Thanks for Your answer Pradhan.

Ran the commands below and they told me 128MB physical memory and 128MB+256MB virtual memory was present.

The question has been sent to Oracle support for now. And I still insist on that we should being able to do the import without crashing the machine by eating up all memory.

Observation: When doing kill on the import process. Nothing happend to the allocated memory. We had to restart Oracle to release it. Don't know if that makes it any easier to figure it out thou.

I'll wait for Oracle and see what they say. And if it is of any interest and solves this problem I'll post it to the group.

/JEr

--
Gandhi: An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 07:10:25 CDT