[Fwd: PL/SQL - Commits in a update cursor]

From: CJ <djjr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:52:51 -0700

attached mail follows:

Anyone have any sample code on how to commit every X,000 records in a update cursor?
I get the following error : ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence Can it be done? My code looks something like this :

For r_rec in rec_cursor loop

   /* Updates here */

 rec_cnt := rec_cnt + 1;
 if (rec_cnt mod 10000=0)
   commit;
end if
end loop;

TIA Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 13:52:51 CDT