Re: Stored procedure speed

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:00:11 -0400

A copy of this message was emailed to DM at <379F2FFA.3C81272F_at_spam_spam.idirect.com>...

Nice theory ... and if all of your queries run against very small tables and return only one row it is valid.

The catch is the longer your query runs the smaller percentage of total time is spend parsing and as you discovered in your own case you quickly reach a point where the parse speed improvement becomes insignificant.

regards
Jerry Gitomer