SVRMGRL> connect internal - database corruption?

From: <acopelan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:49:53 GMT

I am running 7.3.2 and have a strange situation. A database, X, has been properly installed and running. I just performed a shutdown and then startup (both using the default normal) and all appeared to be ok, no error messages, but it isn't.

I attempted to use sqlplus to connect and that process just hung. I then began another session and went into svrmgrl and attempted connect internal, my ORACLE_SID is set to X, and that also hung. I have other databases running and tried the same processes, sqlplus and svrmgrl, and was able to connect to the other databases.

I've verified that the listener and tnsnames recognizes database X. I also verified that my control, data, and redo log files are available and readable.

Earlier I said I did a startup with no error messages. That is the case but the database did not start, none of the background processes are running. My alert log is also gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 11:49:53 CDT