How to estimate the time that a query takes to complete?

From: Miguel Figueiredo <mrf_at_mail.telepac.pt.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:49:46 GMT

Hello.

I’m developing a Data Warehouse system (Oracle 8) where a single query can take from less than one second to several days to complete. I’d like to find a way of telling the users how long before expecting results.

I checked the Oracle documentation but I didn’t find anything about it.

How can I implement this facility? Any Idea?

Thank you very much.

Miguel Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 04:49:46 CDT