Re: Who use Oracle for Linux,

From: Tim Kutergin <tim_at_inforis.ru>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:38:19 +0400

Hi !

Linux version has fatal bug - 'opening files without O_SYNC', so this version lacks traditional Oracle recoverability. You could easily demonstrate this problem: insert row in table, commit it and press Reset key immediatly after 'Commit complete' message. After reboot You will see, that new row does not exist in table. Intresting enough, that setting 'chattr +S' on data files does not help, so I think problem is not only in open(2) flags. Oracle identifies this as bug 882446. Nevertheless, there is patch and I'll try if it corrects situation. WBR
Tim

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Anatoly Gubanov wrote:

> How work oracle for linux vs NT ?
> Stable, speed ..with middle and big load ?
> One may use oracle for Linux for serious (grave) prodject ?

                                            ^^^ what do You mean ?