Re: Problem: database table/index sizing for Sum Length Columns greater than Available Data Space

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:01:48 -0500

You have. I run all my Oracle databases with 8k blocks (including NT). I don't have the problem of the original writer of this thead: most of my tables have rows less than 100 bytes. I keep my db_file_multiblock_read_count at 8. There was a bug in Oracle 7.3.3 on HPUX that would give ORA-00600 errors occasionally if db_file_multiblock_read_count times your block size was greater than 64k. With big, cheap disks and plenty of RAM, I haven't found a significant reason to change my block size to something other than 8k.

-R. Nightingale.