ORA - 12203

From: s <ks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:55:52 -0700

We've just built a new server and database. Running Solaris 2.7 and Oracle 8.0.5
The Listener is up and running, the TNS Names file has been modified on another machine for testing client connections. However, when trying to connect for some time the following error message is received:

ora - 12203 "TNS:unable to connect to destination"

oerr ora 11203 provides the following explanation:

12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"
// *Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening.

// This error can also occur because of underlying network transport
// problems.
// *Action: Verify that the service name you entered on the command line

// was correct. Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node
and
// that the ADDRESS parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.
// Finally, check that all Interchanges needed to make the connection
are
// up and running

There isn't anything wrong with the tnsnames.ora file, otherwise we would receive another message.

Any ideas on what to check before I call Oracle support?

Thanks! Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 15:55:52 CDT