Re: creation database problem

From: Bruce L. Shultes <shultes_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:49:06 -0400

Michel Dupont wrote:

> when I execute the creation script I have a message 7331
> I can't allocate SGA
>
> oracle 7.3.4 and Solaris 2.6
>
> thanks

Michel,
When I execute 'oerr ora 7331' on our HP box it returns the following: 07331, 00000, "smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA."
// *Cause: The variable portion of the SGA is too big to fit contiguously into one segment.
// *Action: Reconfigure the UNIX kernel to have bigger segments.

It looks like you will need to build a new kernel. Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 12:49:06 CDT