Re: Solaris Printers

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 27 Jul 1999 18:44:14 GMT

If it's an HP printer server, you may get an easy-to-use utility to configure it. Search the www.hp.com. It's called "jetadmin". Otherwise, research the /etc/lp dirctory.

Robert Xu, Oracle DBA
Caltech, Pasadena, CA

Jason Lester (jasonl_at_sysao.com) wrote:
: Hi,

: We've just lost our Solaris Administrator, and I've been asked if we
: can print to a printer that's on our network, from the Solaris box.
: The printer is configured as an IP printer (so I've got it's IP
: address), but I can's seem to add it as a printer. The printer has an
: IP address, which maps directly to it (i.e. you can telnet to the
: printer), which means there is no direct printer server to talk to.

: Eventually we want to use this to print from Oracle Financials.

: Is there anyone out there who could help me with the step I have to
: got through to get this thing working, before I lose ALL my hair.

: Thanks in advance,

: Jason