Re: insufficient privilege?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:54:20 -0700

To be able to grant access to someone else's objects, the object owner has to log on and run something like this:

grant select on table_name to fred with grant option;

If you haven't had the grant with grant option run, you will not be able to pass the grant on, regardless of whether you have DBA privileges or not.

Pete

Brian Yan wrote:

> Here is the script I ran:
>
> grant select on user1.table1 to role1;
>
> I got the following error:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> I ran this script in a DBA account which has been granted with DBA role.
> I am wondering what kind of privileges is needed to grant a object
> privilege?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Brian

Regards