Re: Performance difference between EXEC SQL and Stored Procedures

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:07:42 -0400

Hi,

    You probably won't see much difference in performance. IMHO the
major benefit of stored procedures is the fact that the code for a function
need only be written once regardless of how many applications programs
use it. This both simplifies the applications and makes maintenance and
upgrading easier. Given the time and cost required to write good C/C++
code this can be significant.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

achd_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7njmo0$nk6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hello,
>
>Can anyone advisme me if it is usefull to start using Stored
Procedures
>instead of the normal EXEC SQL statements we are now using. Our
product
>is written in C/C++ and runs on HP-UX/AIX etc. We use a 8.0.4
Oracle