Q: Connect problems with SQL*Net

From: Uwe Schneider <uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:03:40 +0200

Hi experts,

we experience a strange problem when connectiong to various Oracle Servers:

SERVER A (Oracle 7.3.2)                 Client A (Linux, Oracle 8.0.5)

SERVER B (Oracle 7.3.3)                 Client B (Solaris, Oracle 7.3.2)

Client B can connect to both servers. Client A can connect only to Server A, but not to server B. Although a tnsping to server B is successful, we receive a Ora-1034 error message when actually connecting to the instance. During the failing connections we can see a positive connect line in the listener.ora of server B, but we never really access the instance.

Any ideas?

--
uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 08:03:40 CDT